Friday, March 4, 2011

Six month doctor's visit

Sebastian's 6 month pediatrician's visit was yesterday.  We are please to announce that he passed with flying colors!  He does still have a bit of a flat spot on the back of his head but the doctor wasn't concerned about it at all.  The plan going forward is to switch Sebastian's soap and lotion (he has a slight contact dermatitis) and to bump up his solid food meals to three times a day over the next few weeks.  No major changes... just a few things as we move forward.  And, as always, Sebastian was entertaining everyone at the doctor's office with his adorable smiles and giggles.

Dad was about to make it to the appointment which was great.  After the four month visit, I was traumatized.  Sebastian was so happy until he got his shots and then he was very upset.  It broke my heart because I felt as though he was looking at me thinking, "How could you do this to me?  I trusted you."  Yesterday, I left the room so Matt could deal with the agony.  Apparently, Sebastian only cries for Mommy though because he was stoic and calm when he received his immunizations.  Matt said that Sebs cried for a second and was done.  When I came back into the room, Sebastian decided that he would bite my chin to show me he was annoyed that I had left the room.  All in all, a very successful visit.

SHD at 26.5 weeks (6 months)

Height/length: 26.75 inches (61st percentile)
Weight: 16lbs 15 oz (39th percentile)

We were a little surprised that Sebastian hadn't broken the 17lbs mark but then again, he is going to be tall and skinny!  I have decided that the head measurements are so inconsistent, they aren't even worth reporting.  On a positive note, Sebastian slept 9 hours straight last night!  He hasn't had a night like this months.  I supposed there is something to be said for overloading the little guy with passive immunity.  Now if only he could get vaccines every day...










No comments:

Post a Comment