Monday, January 10, 2011

Working the social circuit

After months of staying indoors and/or being out of the state, the family Dooley is trying to make up for lost time.  We had the opportunity to visit with several friends from Holy Cross over the weekend.  While it is never possible to get everyone in the same room, Matt's friends from 50 College made a pretty good showing.  Sebastian met Uncie Fat Chaz (he nicknamed himself that!), Sean, Kitty, other Sean, Killer, and Michelle.  The Roberstons were also in attendence but Sebastian has already met them so they are old news.  :)  Sebs looks forward to the opportunity to meet the rest of the Strauss family, the Kaisers, the Grutts, Sweeney, and Cara and Rob some time soon.  Regrets that we could not picture everyone as getting pictures is challenging while hitting the buffet and holding a baby.

Sebastian and I also went for a nice long walk this evening after being guilted into getting more fresh air for the baby at my mommys' group.  I was afraid that the weather was too cold to take baby for walks but, apparently, I was mistaken.  The midwife who leads the mommy/baby group basically told me I was being stupid and that I should be getting out for a walk every day.  Excuse me!  I was trying to protect Sebastian from the elements.

We are looking forward to (and dreading) our 4 month visit on Wednesday.  I can't wait to see how much he weighs and how tall he is!  But, I also hate it when he gets shots.  I cry when he cries... it is a problem I have.  On another note, I am going to shamelessly beg for clothes.  If anyone has any interest in sending 9m and up clothing, we would welcome all gifts.  Sebastian is outgrowing his outfits very quickly.  Unfortunately, everyone loves to buy clothes for newborns and up to 6 months but our supply cuts off abruptly thereafter.  Used clothing is more than welcome as well. 


Laughing with Chaz


Sean and Anna

The Kents

Just the three of us...

The boys

Mr. Beautiful in his new sweater

"Yup, I am cute."

No comments:

Post a Comment