Saturday, September 4, 2010

Settling in at home

We left Mt. Auburn Hospital at about 11am on Thursday.  After initiating Sebastian to his car seat (which actually went surprisingly well), and getting Starbucks for Mom and Dad, we arrived back at 43 Windsor Road.

In response to earlier questions about Fred...  He did not spend the entire day baking in the car while I was in labor.  Auntie Lotus picked him up at the hospital about 1-2 hours after we arrived and brought him back to his air conditioned apartment.  Thank you to Lotus for taking care of Fredly while we were bringing Sebs into the world.  When we got home, Fred was very attention starved.  But, despite the fact that he greeted us at the door, he seemed completely unaware of the new addition.  He continues to be rather underwhelmed with Sebs but he'll come around.

Life at home is hard.  Sleeping, eating, and finding time to bathe are all new challenges.  Sebastian is completely nocturnal it would seem.  We have started doing shifts to keep him quiet for short periods of time so the other can sleep.  In case I haven't said this often enough, Matt is fantastic.  Watching him take care of Sebastian makes me love him even more every day...  I won't make everyone nauseated but I will say he is the only person in the world I could ever go through this experience with and he is a wonderful father already. 

I am adding a few pictures below of the first few days at home.  We have only including pictures of Sebastian the Angle (when he is asleep or quiet) because we don't want to snap pictures of the poor lad when he is screaming... that would be mean.

Love,

Sebastian the Sailor... my favorite outfit as of yet
Skin to skin with Mama
Before
After
He loves the bouncer!  And I think he looks just like Grandpa Mike here.
Two Sleep Deprived Parents and one little peanut

1 comment:

  1. Oh. my. god!!! It is SO wonderful to see all of these pictures- he is REAL now! WOW! I can't wait to meet you in person, Sebastian!! M and A- thanks so much for doing this- it means a lot to feel virtually present for the whole story! I'm glowing with auntie pride! xxxx

    ReplyDelete