Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cannons make good neighbors!

I am feeling inspired by the sound of cannons in the not so distant distance...  The Poobah had a cannon installed on the property yesterday to combat the continuous assault on the grapes.  Apparently, this is a particularly bad year for birds.  It should surprise no one to hear that the cannons are a wee bit obnoxious.  And, it should also surprise no one to hear that the cannons instantly made us everyone's favorite neighbor!  Only one more week until harvest and then all of the madness can stop... until next year.

Despite the loud banging everyone 1-2 minutes, Sebastian is sleeping like a champ.  He has now been asleep for over 6.5 hours straight!!  I started checking his breathing every 5 minutes once he hit the 5 hour mark.  I don't delude myself into thinking this behavior will last.  From what I have heard from friends, one night of sleep is easily made up for by three nights of torture.  So... yeah, we are rolling with the punches.  Just as I type this, I hear Sebastian screaming in the bedroom.  Now I'm typing one-handed with baby.

We had a week of firsts...  First night away from Daddy!  Matt went to Portland for a case with Howard.  First quasi tantrum in public.  First attempts at 5+ hours of sleep.  Sebastian is still working on composing his first symphony.

I am including some pics of mommy and baby hanging out during the day.  Somehow Sebastian has had multiple wardrobe changes before I can even get out of my pajamas.










No comments:

Post a Comment