Tuesday, February 22, 2011

And so it continues...

I have been an absentee blogger lately.  There really isn't a good reason other than the fact that we haven't taken many pictures lately.  Even though there isn't wonderful photographic documentation, much has happened in the world of Sebastian.

Over the past eight days, Sebastian has learned to roll from his back to his tummy.  The unfortunate thing about this milestone is that it meant we had to do away with the swaddle.  We tried a night of swaddling him with his arms out which was a horrific disaster.  He, literally, screamed on and off for eight hours.  Matt and I decided it was the worst night we have EVER had with him.  At 4am, we gave up and decided to let him sleep on me.  Needless to say, I barely slept that night and Matt and I both felt just awful.  After spending the next day consuming ridiculous amounts of caffeine, Matt and I decided we were never going to replicate that scenario.  So, we did the unthinkable (at least for our generation).  We unswaddled Sebastian and put him to sleep on his stomach.  Gasp... all our fellow parents probably are reading this disapprovingly (again, or at least those from our generation).  But guess what, he can roll over if he needs to and he is sleeping.  So, we are doing it.

Now on to the food...  I was SO excited to introduce sweet potatoes.  I had been told to introduce orange tuberesque foods first.  I steamed the 'taters, pureed the 'taters, and presented them to baby with the greatest of excitement.  He made gagging sounds and looked like he would vomit.  'Taters are now frozen for a few weeks at which point they will be revisited.  Mommy is sad that baby hates her cooking.  We tried bananas next.  Sebastian wouldn't eat them plain so we have smashed them up and added them to his oatmeal which has been successful.  I need to introduce a new food but I am envisioning another gagging face.

We did have one glorious day of sunshine last Friday.  Sebs and I enjoyed a lovely walk around Harvard Square with Erica and Echo.  Sebastian has been spending much more time in his Ergo carrier lately and he has been digging it.  If only we could have a few more nice days!  I also took baby to Isis parenting to get weighed.  As of Friday, he was 16 lbs 11.5 oz.  What a big boy!

Only a few new pictures, unfortunately.  However, these few are pretty good!

Ah... and did I forget to mention, Sebastian took runner up in a Valentine's baby photo contest.  I submitted one of the pictures of him on the red blanket.  He won a gift certificate and a free cloth diaper cover.  Can someone say model career?
I was excited about the sweet potatoes... But someone else wasn't

Moments before failure

Fred heard this blanket was for models

Saucy baby

Crazy baby

No comments:

Post a Comment