Monday, December 13, 2010

Back in Boston (momentarily)

I can already tell that this post is going to be written in several different sessions.  Sebastian is down for a nap but as I am starting to type, I can already hear him waking up.  And, I know that I left my camera in the room so the pictures are going to be delayed... shoot.  It is certainly more difficult to do things at home than it was in Oregon where I always had an extra pair of hands.

The transition back to Boston went more smoothly than I had anticipated.  Sebastian was wonderful on the plane... he slept the first few hours, woke up and smiled at all of the flight attendants, and then went back to sleep.  His sleep wake cycle was completely thrown for a loop though.  We were starting to make progress before we left Oregon.  Sebastian had a rough bedtime and he was doing well.  Since we have been back, bedtime has been all over the place.  Last night was the worst night yet!  I put him down four times in one hour and he kept startling, waking up screaming.  (Pause, to be continued...)  Okay, he's still asleep.  He is just making funny whimpering sounds. 

Our little guy has made a few exciting progressions.  He now is sitting in his Bumbo and loves it!  He also is starting to reach for objects and put them in his mouth.  His coordination is the best but he's getting there.  We have transitioned him into sleeping in his Pack n' Play (as opposed to in the newborn napper, in a bassinet, or in a co-sleeper).  Matt is now referring to the Pack n' Play as Sebastian's "big boy bed."  I wouldn't go that far but he certainly is starting to look bigger.

We have tried to make good use of our time in Boston.  We are trying to see as many friends as possible and we are frantically winterizing our apartment (we still had the air conditioning units in!!).  Matt has been in and out of town repeatedly on interviews.  He was in Colorado last week and today he's in St. Louis. He has interviews on Thursday and Friday in Rhode Island and in Boston.  A very busy week all culminating in our leaving for St. Louis for Christmas on Saturday!!  Whirlwind....

I am adding the few pictures I have on my computer below.  I will try to get the rest up soon when Sebastian wakes up and I have a free hand.

Terrified face

Sassy face

"I can't see" face

Mr. Beautiful



No comments:

Post a Comment